When looking for a counsellor/psychotherapist it is important to shop around and take your time to choose someone that makes you feel comfortable and that you think you can work with. The first step therefore is to meet up and come and see me for an initial chat / consultation.
In the meantime please find below some commonly asked questions which will give you an idea of what to expect.
Is Psychotherapy appropriate for me?
What might bring me to into Psychotherapy?
- Self – exploration.
- Wish for more freedom in the way you live.
- To deepen self-knowledge and self-understanding.
- Increase creativity.
- Wishing for a sense of ease, peace and trust.
- Spiritual crisis and the search for deeper inner meaning and purpose.
Alleviation of suffering such as:
- Panic attacks
- Bereavement, Loss & Grief
- Relationship difficulties
- Eating disorders
- Loss of Direction / Feeling Stuck / Existential Crisis
- Life transitions
- Loneliness / Isolation
How do I know if James is the right person for me?
Our initial chat / consultation is also an opportunity for me to find out a little bit more about what is going on for you at present and for you to ask any questions you have about the therapeutic process and the way I work. From there you can make an informed decision about whether you want to work with me going forward.